Nancy's into week 17 of her pregnancy. Now that we are moving beyond the "wow, is this really happening?" phase into the "what do we do to prepare?" phase, we thought we'd start blog.
Surely this will thoroughly change our lifestyle / routines but I guess that's how it goes...
Plentiful rain storms (like today) are a constant reminder of how wonderful the Tahoe snow must be...but our gear will remain in the garage untouched this season.
I used to exercise to look good...now I frequent the gym with the goal to get fit for the gruelling sleepless hours ahead.
Lifestyle changes aside, "joining the club" has a lot of privileges. Nothing stirs up more passion in friends and family than talking about children. It draws circles together and puts things into a bigger perspective. I have recently heard stories about me as a baby from my mom that I have never heard before.
Future ski trips will surely have a "kids group" that I always thought would be fascinating to take up and teach. We will have to wait a few years but that's a whole different level of fun I'm looking forward to.
It's wonderful to be prospective parents!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congratulations - all the best to both of you in becoming parents! And I have lots of wisdom to impart to my prospective new friend when he/she is born. :)
ReplyDeletehehe...another place to read and share the thoughts of being parents.
ReplyDeleteIt is a dramatic change of life. But I have to say, bonding with your baby is like you are fall in love with somebody again. So congratulation to Nancy and you again!
Btw, didn't know that you worked out is for good looking, I thought it is just for better health. //giggling.:P
cool, i can learn snowbording with your kid in a few years :)
ReplyDeleteSo...are you going to share those baby stories? :) -Wendy
ReplyDelete